Wednesday, May 21, 2008


The good news:
We are happy that Sam's medicaid is still continued. They only asked for his SSN, Birth certificate & doctor's note on the paper from medicaid. They didn't even ask for our income copy, that's great because we were nervous if they only look at the income, we might not qualified, even though we are not rich income family.

We had a great mother's day brunch at the Marriott.

The Bad news:
~ Sam has been stopped eating solids since mother's day. He just closed his mouth.
I changed the menu everyday, tried somebody else fed him, tried this and that, even the speech therapist was here to help also, still DIDN'T WORK.
The good thing is he still drinks the formula, I added a little bit rice cereal in it.
Dr. said no need to worry as long as Sam is gaining weight & probably just teething problem.

~ Sam is going to have an eye surgery in May 28th. It's to open his tear duct. Dr. said it's a quick procedures. We are going to be out of island from may 27 for pre-op.

1 comment:

23 weekers said...

I'm so sorry to hear Sam isn't eating well. I'm having the same problem with Carver. My Speech therapist told me not to push him. I offer him the food and if he only takes 3 bites, then that's all I give him. We try not to make him mad. It seems to be helping. He ate a little more today. We also introduced the honey bear cup. This is to help transition from the bottle. He lets most of the fluid run from his mouth, but with practice, we're hoping to transition him to this cup. Right now he gets all feeds via his G-tube. We tried this approach with Kinnick and it has gone very well. She is now taking all of her feeds during the day by mouth. She takes the honey bear cup well enough that I can take the cup with us and give her a drink anytime she needs a drink.

I pray that Sam's surgery goes well. I know how stressful any surgery can be. I hope you're holding up ok. Sam's lucky to have such a wonderful Mom.